Only 9-10 participants will be selected
deadline is Monday, September 25, 2021
ElMadina Arts is looking for young voices, girls and women who have a desire to sing festivals to express themselves, their feelings, personal experiences and social issues of their interest. This is in order to participate in a workshop that will enable them to record the festival songs. The workshop will expand for 7 days in Alexandria from the 7th to the 13 th of October 2021. During the workshop, we will be able to record collectively (from 5-6 songs) and shoot them too.
The participation conditions are simple:
– You have an Egyptian nationality or you are resident in Egypt.
– Fulltime in the period of the workshop (note: the video recording period may extend over another two weeks).
– Your age is between 21 and 35 years old.
– You have a decent knowledge of the Egyptian folklore.
– Reasonable knowledge of singing (you don’t necessarily have to be a professional singer).
– You have a case or a personal experience around the feminine world that you would like to raise through the festival.
– You have the imagination and the desire required to express your feelings and personal thoughts.
– You should have a festival personally written or with your friends, that you can present.
– Make a video for us to sing the festival that you have written.
– Fill out the participation form.
We will provide you with some nice things like:
– Professional experts in writing, music and photography.
– Accommodation for participants from outside Alexandria for the whole -duration of the workshop.
– We will Transfer money for participants from outside Alexandria to cover the transportation expenses.
– A Small reward for full-time.
Important Note: The workshop and its outputs are not for profit. All intellectual property rights are shared with the organizing institutions and participants. Do not forget to inform your interested friends and fill out the form in this page. Those selected will be contacted no later than one week from the end of the application deadline.